Thursday, June 11, 2009

"I saw some really cool salt today"


Jesus said: ‘You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how can its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything, but is thrown out and trampled under foot.

Upon hearing this, my new friend who definitely has a unique take on life said: "I saw some really cool salt today." And he proceeded to describe unusual shapes and ways in which salt reflected light, and had different tastes. Tibetan Black Salt was one example I can recall..all sodium chloride.
"It's all edible?" I asked.
"I suppose, but at those prices you wouldn't really want to grind it up," he said matter of factly.

As Jesus challenges Christians to be salt, have we ever thought about being some cool salt? That might make others say in the company of friends, "I saw some really cool salt today."

No comments:

Post a Comment