Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving Worship

Yesterday, Sunday, Nov. 18 was the first time the church where I serve has been filled to near capacity on a Sunday morning since I joined the congregation in January of this year. It wasn't because an overwhelming number of the members of my congregation were in attendance, actually I'd say our numbers were considerably underwhelming. It was because we had a joint service with the Korean congregation that rents the building from us (it's a bit more complicated than that) and because I invited members of another church, La Iglesia de Jesucristo, a Spanish speaking immigrant church, that also wants to rent space from us (we are in the process of finalizing a contract).
The Korean pastor and I both preached on Isaiah 65:17-25. A glimpse was had of people dwelling with one another without the threat of something bad happening.
We also enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving meal, complete with Kimchi.

No comments:

Post a Comment